Traditional education vs. online education / Was I prepared for online education?
Certainly online education is not something new or recent, we already have seen this
model of education in other universities or schools, even we were supposed to be
related with this model because we use platforms online in our daily life, but nearly
two years later since the beginning of the pandemic, we still struggling to adequate
ourselves with this model.
At the beginning of the pandemic when we knew that we had to stay in our homes
and continue as we can, I had a lot of questions about online education. I used to
ask myself, will I be able to work this way? What if I don't have an internet
connection? And what about my teachers, will they be able to adapt themselves to
this situation?
So now, a year and some months later I can say that I prefer a hundred times more
traditional education. I think that I understand more face to face, understanding the
real situations and in an environment where other people can share their
experiences and knowledge with that human touch.
But obviously I'm not saying that everything about online education is bad, in fact
online education should be the normal step in a technological society as ours, we
use the internet for almost everything, we see that a kid have a phone since a very
young age, even look like that they understand internet tool's better than us.
But if I'm going to talk from my perspective as an "adult" I will say that traditional
education will give you that human sense or warm feeling from human contact that
online education does not, and that we currently need most.
Alejandra Ruiz
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario